Monday, July 12, 2010

Update: Art Alliance of Idyllwild Art Studio Tour 2010

At first was a bit strange to have visitors in a place that has become quite the sanctuary for me since closing my gallery of 3yrs in 09, but when I had my first visitor who was a previous client, she set my fears at ease & the day turned out great.

This is Art Alliance of Idyllwild second Art Studio Tour...the first I had participated 6yrs ago & at the time I was using my living room as my studio. A table in the corner and easel. This is the first year I have had  a space dedicated to just the art and for that I'm very grateful!

The weather was prefect, sunny around 80 all day. I had 30 visitors in, talked allot, showed sketches, originals and prints, even my neighbors stopped by which was really kewel! Locals Sandii, Gloria, Adam & Jena, Karen, Don & Mimi & sister Marla!! Really made some nice new contacts & new friends !!

my First Visitor, Vera ...



Inside the studio...love my movable walls, they are carpeted & can hang the paintings with verco



Front deck & entry. . . That's "Feliz Navidad" inspired by a trip to Taos, NM



Side deck, art print bins . . .


Refreshment Table below!


 Takin in the view . . .


take a seat . . . enjoy the sounds of nature  . . .

Thanks for stoppin in, Darcy . . . Please feel free to comment below ~;^)

Artist: Darcy Gerdes~
Flying Pigment Studio
"Art is a pigment of your imagination"
Welcome to the visionary world of artist, Darcy Gerdes. Her portfolio contains originals, prints and giclee's.



Free Blog Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment..