IDYLLWILD, CA, 4/28/08 – Artists in the mountain town of Idyllwild are preparing their latest creations for the 10th Annual Member's Show. The yearly event provides a welcoming showcase for a variety of artworks that include oil and acrylic paintings, water colors, photographs, mixed media pieces, ceramics and sculptures made by the AAI's 75 member artists.
The event takes place this coming weekend, May 2-5, at the Courtyard Building at 26120 Ridgeview Drive. The Annual Members Show is part of the AAI's "First Saturdays" series, which hosts an entertaining and informative art event on the first Saturday of each month from March through October.
The event opens Friday, May 2, with a cozy, evening reception from 7-9 PM. Enjoy drinks and appetizers as you browse the excellent, original creations and chat with your favorite artists. The reception is free and open to the public. Artists and guests will cast their votes for the "People's Choice" and "Artists Choice" awards, which will be given to first and second place winners.
The exhibition will remain open Saturday, May 3, through Monday, May 5, from noon until 5 PM. You're sure to find an exceptional selection, whether you're thinking about starting an art collection or looking for some unique pieces to expand an existing one.
The event is sponsored by Lois and Dave Butterfield. The mission of the Art Alliance of Idyllwild is to promote art and art education while supporting local artists and galleries. One way to share the work of AAI artists is the event's "Under $100" exhibit. Affordable, original works of art will be offered for sale for under $100. Each one-of-a-kind piece is crafted by talented Art Alliance Artists. It's a great opportunity to pick up an original treasure at bargain basement prices.
For a preview of what's in store:
· Larry and Janet Everitt, known for their creative use of exotic minerals and interesting rocks, will present one of their unique, custom jewelry pieces.
· Irene Corey's entry is an 18" x 18" oil painting called, "Ladies' Day."
· Zane Ott presents, "Indian Blanket," an acrylic on canvas.
· Doug Bernhagen will be submitting a pencil, ink, and gesso drawing on piece of luan panel. The title is, "See It, Touch It."
· Daniel Fiddler's "LOVE ON THE ROCKS" is a mixed media piece of Paua shell and stone, 12x15.
· Artist Kathleen Chaney is entering "The Mermaid," measuring 15" x 12" and made of interesting fabrics, natural shells, crystals and accessories.
· Kathy Harmon-Luber is entering her exquisite black and white photograph "Agave Dream."
· John Simpson will present his serene yet powerfully moving image "Lovers on a Pier, Kauai
For more information on this and other AAI events, call 866-439-5278 or visit our web site at: http://www.artinidyllwild.com/.
Please feel free to comment!!
Flying Pigment Studio Gallery